TOPIC: Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 3 days ago #1308715497

• itgoesthud
  • itgoesthud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 20
Better to ask doctors/experts this.
My understanding of the phallotox and similar procedures is they take some time to kick in, and then last for a few months.
To that end, if there's a delay before they ease the retraction impulse, wouldn't the carrier already be set before this kicks in and makes you relax?

And if that's the case, if my goal is staying extended while the PMMA is setting up, would it be worthwhile getting penile botox in advance of PMMA, so that I spend my recovery period fully unretracted? I've been bouncing this idea around in my head for a while, better to ask, and maybe correct some wrong impressions I have (?).

I have a reputable local provider that does the penile/scrotal botox. I think they say it takes 6 weeks to peak (I'll need to look again) and then the effects subside over a few months. Seems intuitively at least, it wouldn't be the worst idea to do that in advance of paying a visit to TJ.

I could tow a bass boat with my retraction reflex, so, this is of particular interest to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richardgaines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 2 days ago #1308715498

While I can't speak for him definitively, I'm about 90% sure my current practitioner practitioner has taken this approach with patients that have significant retraction. Botox (believe he calls it Grotox) first and then fills with an HA and Radiesse blend at a later date. Basing it off conversations I had with Dr Leonardo while there and one of his patients I've talked to was having it done in that order if I'm recalling correctly.

It makes sense. Especially for any collagen generating/microsphere type filler.

If it was me, I'd give it a go. It wouldn't negate any effects. Just an unprofessional opinion, can't suggest you do anything.

Last edit: by justn8.

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 2 days ago #1308715507

Hello,
The ideal scenario is to inject botulinum toxin (phallotox) one or two weeks in advance.
If you live nearby or can make an extra trip to your physician, it is recommended to do it this way.
This is not an option for most Avanti Derma patients since most travel extensively to get to us.
As for scrotox, it doesn't matter if it is done in conjunction with Phalloplasty or scrotal enhancement. In these patients, we're looking for the relaxation of the scrotum alone, independently of the possible volume augmentation around the testes.
DrC Avanti Derma

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 2 days ago #1308715509

• itgoesthud
Many thanks for your time/reply Doc, this is helpful!
I have folks that do it not even a mile away, whenever I figure out my time off work. Think it makes a ton of sense to:
-figure out Avanti availability
-figure out "Bocox" availability
-book the latter for ~14 days in advance of the former
-enjoy a break from the scared turtle while the filler sets

Last edit: by itgoesthud. Reason: clarity

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 1 day ago #1308715525

We can work that out with you.
Our appointments are available up to 2 months ahead, so you have enough time to plan on your visit.
All you have to do is contact Ian (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and find the date and time that works for your schedule.
Please check Section 8 in the attached eBrochure for more recruiting details.
Regards,
DrC Avanti Derma
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 3 months 22 hours ago #1308715530

@avanti_derma i sent you a private message regarding a matter thanks

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 2 months 4 weeks ago #1308715580

thanks!! We phoned DR C to contact you soon!!

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 2 months 1 week ago #1308716015

• itgoesthud

Avanti_Derma wrote: Our appointments are available up to 2 months ahead, so you have enough time to plan on your visit.

Making sure I understand - so people are making appointments usually with MORE than 2 months advanced notice, or with LESS than 2 months advanced notice?
(my work scheduling is really annoying with certain weeks blocked off from taking vacation, so trying to get nailed down as much as possible before i start booking time off)

Thanks Doc!

Preemptive botox for PMMA recovery 2 months 1 week ago #1308716018

there is no need for 2 months ahead notice, we can handle your appointment with 1 week notice! For example, if you wish to make an appt for February on the next weeks, it can be done!! We only need to arrange your hotel and shuttle service!! but we got that covered, we only need confirmation and we get it done!

We handle a hotel next door to our clinic(5min walk, you never leave the building) plus pick you up at the airport and take you back to the airport!
Our experience is to make it all as comfortable as possible with you doing the least thinking and no work as possible!

**we can handle your appointment with 1 week notice! (assuming we have spots available, but we are happy to accommodate you as soon as possible as our agenda allows it!
**when confirming your appt we provide a very convenient option to pick you up at the San Diego airport, transport you to Tijuana directly to your hotel and take you back to the us border, we help you to cross the border and take you back to San Diego airport.

Happy penis for everybody <3

Last edit: by Avanti_Derma.
  • Page: