• Page:

TOPIC: PMMA long term

PMMA long term 1 week 3 days ago #1308716960

• Dmango
  • Dmango's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 3
I am seriously considering PMMA with @Ananti_Derma but have some concerns. I am not so concerned about irregularities that need touchups or anything that can be corrected . However, I do worry about 10-20 years from now. What percentage of your patients that have PMMA develop long term complications .
The following user(s) said Thank You: jon11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dmango. Reason: Adding Doctor

PMMA long term 1 week 2 days ago #1308716982

I never heard about long term complications so far with PMMA actually

PMMA long term 1 week 13 hours ago #1308717029

In all my years reviewing every bit of literature that has come through the PhalloBoards (and elsewhere) as it pertains to these procedures, I haven't found anything alarming with respect to penile enhancement + PMMA.

The only (hardly) note-worthy matter is when men have had large volumes (we're talking hundreds and hundreds of cc's/mL's) injected intramuscularly that later go on to deal with rare systemic granuloma issues (which in turn can cause other & lesser known rare issues to occur). It should be noted these studies involved silicone oil, but due the involvement of granulomas, it's plausible any permanent or long-term filler injected in heavy volumes intramuscularly could plausibly have some type of late onset risks.

However, keep in mind PMMA in the penis is injected in 10-20 cc's/mL's at a time, and seldom (if ever) exceeding 100 cc's/mL's in total over multiple rounds, all injected inter-dermally (not inter-muscularly). Also, granulomas in this regard are exceedingly rare and typically much easier to manage or resolve because of how localized it is (versus having a foreign material injected in hundreds of cc's/mL's in different areas of the body, like the buttocks, etc.). I make this clear because it does not have the same parameters as the aforementioned study, with significantly less volume, not silicone related, and skin injections (not muscle).

In a nutshell, I haven't seen a report, study, or former patient who has had strictly PMMA enhancement of the penis show any adverse sexual and/or life impacting events, and I've been monitoring the PMMA bit since nearly the inception of this site. It should be noted, however, no procedure is without risk. If you are highly risk-averse, you may want to consider Hyaluronic Acid (HA) alternatively. That said, I've had PMMA in me (through Avanti Derma in fact), with the next month marking 13 years post-op of my first appointment, with no complication to date.

You just have to weigh the pros & cons of what is known.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odouble, Dmango

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.
  • Page: