• Page:

TOPIC: PMMA and other stimulatory fillers

PMMA and other stimulatory fillers 9 months 2 weeks ago #1308713098

• justn8
  • justn8's Avatar Topic Author
  • General
  • General
  • Thank you received: 95
This will be a pretty niched question so I might not even get an answer.

I know some have floated the thought of Ellanse being used after PMMA and vice versa. I also know any combination of anything could have unintended results. Does any one see any reason that a shorter term stimulatory filler like Radiesse wouldn't play nice with existing PMMA?

To give background on why I'm asking. I have existing PMMA and had no issues. I've since had HA added, with no issues.

I know that previously we all encouraged no mixing, but there are multiple providers now doing this. For example, some are using Bellafill and HA in tandem. Some are using a more typical HA with Radiesse. Some are using only one of the above. There's a lot going on out there now.

I know a lot of American and Canadian practitioners are very leery of existing PMMA because many of them either had bad experiences themselves or saw it happen with Bellafills predecessor years ago. I've never seen any granuloma, abscess, etc issues with Linnea patients (or frankly now with current Bella or any quality providers using it correctly). Some view PMMA as a sleeping dragon you don't want to disturb. But others who have had experience with Bella or Linnea are fine with adding more PMMA or using HA in addition to it.

This is kind of all over the place but I'm basically asking for any real experiences with any type of combination fillers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream