TOPIC: Avanti Derma Logistics

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713445

• MoMoney
  • MoMoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 4
Im booking my trip down soon. Can you gentleman advise on the following:

1. How much cash should I bring, or can a US credit card get everything done?
2. I'm staying at the Grand Hotel Tijuana. I want to keep my diet 100% on-point, which for me means eating a lot of meat with salad and fruit. Which restaurants, hotel operations, local joints do you recommend for this? Ideally I would like to eat at places that are in short walking distances (sub 15 minutes). I will not eat fast food, non-fruit carbs, dessert, and alcohol. The only exception are burgers as long as they are 100% beef, not really concerned what the establishment is for that (Carl Jr looks decent).
3. How much does a nice dinner there cost? Cost isnt really a thing, but this goes back to prepping the amount of cash to bring. I eat about 3300 calories per day.
4. Plan is to fly into San Diego, take AD shuttle to hotel, get procedure the next day, rest/recover for 6 days, fly back home. Anything I'm missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713446

6 days is a lot, probably a little overkill. You can order meat and fruit anywhere but they're going to also come with buns, fries, potatoes, wraps, etc. So, I guess you could just not eat the other stuff that comes with it. Keep in mind the grand doesn't have a microwave or fridge in their rooms. Every place takes debit or credit card. I'd bring cash to tip room service. You could just order from the Grand the whole time and not leave which is what I like to do. I think they have chicken that isn't fried and they have a buffet but it's not that great for your diet.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713449

MoMoney wrote: Im booking my trip down soon. Can you gentleman advise on the following:

1. How much cash should I bring, or can a US credit card get everything done?
2. I'm staying at the Grand Hotel Tijuana. I want to keep my diet 100% on-point, which for me means eating a lot of meat with salad and fruit. Which restaurants, hotel operations, local joints do you recommend for this? Ideally I would like to eat at places that are in short walking distances (sub 15 minutes). I will not eat fast food, non-fruit carbs, dessert, and alcohol. The only exception are burgers as long as they are 100% beef, not really concerned what the establishment is for that (Carl Jr looks decent).
3. How much does a nice dinner there cost? Cost isnt really a thing, but this goes back to prepping the amount of cash to bring. I eat about 3300 calories per day.
4. Plan is to fly into San Diego, take AD shuttle to hotel, get procedure the next day, rest/recover for 6 days, fly back home. Anything I'm missing here?

1. American Credit Card should be available most places around the Grand Hotel, but it wouldn't hurt to get a hundred bucks converted into pesos so you can provide the complimentary tips for taxi, restaurants, etc.

2. I can't recall the name but there is a Brazilin (or perhaps it was Argentinian) steak house that serve a bunch of cuts of meat (all-you-can-eat) with a salad bar, with seemingly good reviews. I'm sure if you try and do some searches on this site (or Yelp), you can find it. My thinking was that it was walking distance from the Grand Hotel, and if memory serves me incorrectly, a very short & cheap taxi cab ride there and back.

3. I haven't been to or eaten in Tijuana in some time, and I know inflation hasn't just hit the U.S. but a safe bet would be to assume the same type of meal of comparable portion & quality is about 25% less in cost overall (and maybe even lesser, but again, it's been a while).

4. Visit Hong Kong or Adelita's (they are practically next to each other) BEFORE your procedure (night you arrive) if you want to test drive your old unit one last time. If you are married or in a seriously exclusive relationship, disregard this bullet-point :evil: :lol:

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713454

• MoMoney
Hey good to know about The Grand room service, I could very well end up doing that.

I chose 6 days because the AD explained that it takes 3-5 days for the Ellanse to settle. I have an inflatable implant (coloplast titan), which could make things a little more complicated, so I just want to make sure everything is good before I go back to the states.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713455

• MoMoney
I found the brazilian steakhouse nearby. Looks really good and exactly what I would want. I also found a local grocery store in walking distance. With the options of hotel room service/buffet, brazilian steakhouse, Carl Jrs (burgers), and the grocery store, I should be able to eat really good. I went into street view in google maps and checked everything out, looks easy.

Things like Hong Kong arent my personal jam but 100% understand the recommendation. I'm actually going to encourage one of my buddies who lives in nearby state-side to give them a visit.

Now we wait. Goal is .5-.75in with Ellanse. I'll great a separate thread once I get the filler done.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713463

I can't remember the name of the Brazilian steakhouse but it was in the same Mall as the Walmart if that helps. It was also super cheap. I think all you can eat was $16

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713480

• MoMoney
I see it, Churrascaria Do Brasil. Only slightly further walk than Mr. Pompas. Both look great, will try them both.

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713488

I would bring all money you need in dollar-cash, there are exchanges every few metres and on airport and i guess that's the cheapest option.
There is GH room service. There is a Carls Jr right across the street from hotel.
One hotel meal i guess costs ('priceley') eg 12 dollars, i did it to not having to leave my room in first days.
I think staying 4 days is good, the 4th day being the day that penis situation is getting much more normal (you can look my journal for my daily reports on how it was looking on which day).

Avanti Derma Logistics 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713522

• MoMoney
Dream - I like the not leaving the room approach too. $12/meal from hotel is perfect.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream