TOPIC: Community Input

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713793

• Captain
  • Captain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey fellas,

I’m finally to the point where I’m going to move forward with this endeavor. After spending years on this forum and reading everyone’s experience, I’ve narrowed my choices down to Alloderm or Ellanse. I’d like the communities input. I should say the financial aspect of this decision isn’t an issue for me. I’ve saved for the last few years to be able to afford whatever option I choose. I’ll also have much of the winter off this year.

So I’ll start with my stats:
FL: ~3.5”
FG: 3”
EL: 6-6.25”
EG: 4.25

My Girth is pretty even throughout. My dilemma is, I tend to shrink… a lot. When I’m in the gym, nervous, sometimes at random. It can be pretty drastic, to the point I turtle. Sometimes that can be often. I do have a history of anxiety, not sure if that’s a contributing factor or not.

So I’d like to hear from anyone who has a similar issue that’s had either procedure. Any tips on healing or regrets. Really all input is appreciated.

I have search the forum. Just haven’t really found straight forward answers to this problem. I’ve read I may not be a good candidate for Ellanse due to the shrinkage (saw a video with Dr. Oates.) I’d just like to have the most information/input I can get before making the decision. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713794

• Captain
I should also add, I’d like to add 1”-1.5”
If I go with Alloderm, I’ll go with Dr. Liu and get the lig cut. If I go with Ellanse I’ll go with Dr. Oates and most likely not get the lig cut.. if that helps with any input.

I plan to log the experience here the best I can. I’m considering making a mold of my penis before and after to help give the best visual of what a 1” gain can look like side by side of the same penis.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713797

• ou812
  • Thank you received: 9
If you are worried about retraction why not try botox first to see if it helps? As far as the 2 options, they are quite different. You most likely would need multiple rounds of Ellanse to get an 1 Inch, and the duration of the gains is still a question. Not sure how long Dr Oates prefers to wait between rounds. Surgery would definitely require more recovery and intervention but the gains should be permanent.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713798

• Captain
I have thought about phallotox. I may see if I can have that done in the northeast.

I believe Dr. Oates will do 2 rounds within 2-3 weeks. I would probably just stay there for 16-18 days if I take that route.

I am leaning towards Alloderm ATM, only hesitation are the few cases of infection I’ve read about. But like I said, I will have plenty of time to dedicate to healing.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713799

First , go to king rings and get the sizer kit. Be honest with the fitting, but once you find your size, get a glans ring, this is going to help with retraction. It will also help set your “normal” state to more of a hang pre procedure. Post procedure , it’s your choice after recovery. I can say that I’m quite happy with mine , and look forward to wearing it more regularly after recoup from HA round 2. My pics are in my thread on Doc Clavell.

Fwiw I don’t receive a Discount, kickback, or any other form of compensation and I don’t work for them, I will say it helped turn me from a Grower to a shower quickly .

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713802

• Captain
I’ll definitely look into that. I’m pretty honest with myself about size.

I’ve also considered HA, but I’d like something that last longer/ semi permanent. My work schedule can be hectic and it’s hard for me to plan time off.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713807

When you mention Dr. Oates, I'm assuming you reside in the Eastern Hemisphere (likely Australia)? I ask because you yourself said you have a hectic schedule, so I may be able to help point you in the right direction as far as options and logistics are concerned.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713808

• Captain
No sir. I live in the Northeast US. And I mentioned the hectic schedule only because finding time to do a top off every year may be difficult. Luckily, I’ll be off work this year from October to December. I haven’t had more than a week off in 2 years. So I plan on using this time off for myself.

I guess I’m really looking to hear from any members who also had shrinkage issues that for either procedure done and how their shrinkage is afterwards and if it caused poor results.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713812

Captain wrote: No sir. I live in the Northeast US. And I mentioned the hectic schedule only because finding time to do a top off every year may be difficult. Luckily, I’ll be off work this year from October to December. I haven’t had more than a week off in 2 years. So I plan on using this time off for myself.

I guess I’m really looking to hear from any members who also had shrinkage issues that for either procedure done and how their shrinkage is afterwards and if it caused poor results.

Oh well if you are in the Northeast, why even bother traveling to Australia (where Dr. Oates operates)? North American Directory Listing has a variety of options to consider without having to travel/budget too far. .

As for procedures like Alloderm, they've come a long way.

Firstly, infections are a byproduct complication of surgery, in other words, a percentage of elective surgery runs the risk of an infection (this is true for breast enlargement and so on). Typically uncommon when all the necessary clinical steps are taken, and often can be managed/resolved with antibiotics. Infections can, however, end up being a serious complication this is why these are called elective procedures, they aren't without risk. Heck, even dermal injectable fillers run the risk of infection, albeit quite low.

As for shrinkage. This was common with the older methods employed with graft surgeries. The modern approach (taken by the likes of Dr. Liu and Dr. Solomon) is to limit how much graft is implanted in order to ensure the tissue implant integrates and vascularizes with the penile shaft. The aforementioned shrinkage was due to having over-filled the penis with the graft implant (example: too many "sheets" of Alloderm or Surgimend wrapped around the penis), proving to be too much to adequately integrate & vascularize, leading to the failure of some of the graft implant, giving the appearance of shrinkage or girth contraction.

The modern approach alleviates this likelihood, and the risk of infection is inherent in all surgery that exposes your insides (i.e. a de-gloved penis) for a period of time, and can often be prevented or treated with antibiotics. The risk of infection isn't related to the Alloderm graft itself.

Dr. Solomon performs these procedures and has an Office in Philadelphia however I believe they are relocating to the West Coast and you would have to contact them to see if they are still taking appointments on the East Coast. Dr. Liu also performs this procedure is in California (currently Bay Area but may relocate to Los Angeles).

Otherwise, with the Directory Listing I linked above, there are a multitude of other options and Clinics to consider as well. Good luck!

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713815

• Captain
I’m only considering traveling so far because Im leaning towards Ellanse if I decide to to go with a filler and from my understanding (I believe it was a Subtle) Dr. Oates will do two rounds within 2-3 weeks. I’m not sure when I’ll have time off again to have another round done so I’d like to get whatever gains I can and concentrate on the aftercare.

As far as the shrinkage, I was really concerned with how I naturally shrink and if it was cause poor results. I tend to shrink a lot throughout the day. I would say that I “turtle” multiple times per day.

Community Input 7 months 4 weeks ago #1308713825

I see your motivations being based on logistics (i.e. time windows) and while I see where you're coming from, I ought to provide additional info that you may or may not have considered:

If you do a procedure so close together, then you really won't see your final results until you are back in the States. This isn't so bad other than the reality that follow-up appointments are almost always inevitable to correct minor irregularities. While Dr. Oates is a talented and experienced practitioner, the odds of you having a picture-perfect result are rare.

The reason for this is that the filler being employed (namely Ellanse) creates Girth through a mechanism known as neocollagenesis. In small volumes (like when applied to the face with as little as 1 or 2 mL's), it's often a non-issue. However, when injecting 10-25 mL's in the penis, the variation in collagen growth becomes more apparent. An analogy would be your fingernails, how some grow faster than others. With higher volumes of Ellanse, you'll begin to see minor variations where some areas have more collagen & inflammation than others.

That's why we occasionally read terms like "nodules," "ridges," and "asymmetry," because they are associated with these types of fillers (namely Ellanse and PMMA).

This is also why it is important to see an experienced practitioner (like Dr. Oates, and those linked in the Directory Listing), because they'll keep these irregularities to a minimum via craftsman injection technique -- but the fact remains that no matter how skilled the Doctor or how high quality the filler, there is a degree of uncertainty with respect to your body's response to a foreign object/material/filler.

So that is all to say that if you needed Revision, you'd have to visit Australia AGAIN, which is no short hike. For this reason, I'm surprised you haven't considered Avanti Derma or Androfill for the purposes of Ellanse. Yes, they don't have the 2-3 week separation allowance (minimum 6 weeks I believe), but if you factor in the likelihood if requiring some kind of touch-up work in the future, this 2-3 week window becomes far less significant in the grand scheme of things.

That is just my advice, in the end Dr. Oates is the only Doctor I'd recommend in the whole of Australia so you aren't necessarily making a mistake by seeing him, I'm only pointing out that if logistics are your end-goal, you may want to put in perspective the possibility (if not outright inevitability) of future visits (for Revision and/or additional Girth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream