PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 4 weeks ago #1308715211

• Chip2th
  • Chip2th's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm getting stated gathering info to make a decision.

I saw on Dr Shafers in NY website Volux is listed as an HA filler.

It's the most expensive and they claim its the firmest and longest lasting HA filler.

I am I going to notice a big difference compared to Voluma for example?

Which doctors and HA filler do you all recommend? Cost is not a primary concern for me.

Does anybody happen to know how much it costs to have the HA dissolved if needed?

The consensus seems to be HA is the safest and also good because its reversible.

What should I know about PMMA ? I see its permanent. What are the other negatives?

How does the feel of HA vs PMMA compare. I'm really concerned how my penis is going to feel after getting the filler.

Do you still maintain all the same amount of feeling, sensitivity.

I see Avanti Derma gets a lot of love on this board. Is it primarily price driven because they are in Mexico? I see they have been around a while, I noticed they did not have the HA Volux though. Would they get some special order?

Here is some more info about me that maybe could help you guys better point me in the right direction.
43 yrs old
6ft
175lbs
I am in excellent shape, eat very well, do all the healthy stuff, the fish oil, vitmamins etc, lots of exercise
I take growth hormone ( for anti aging) which i speculate will really help with healing, results, etc. Maybe even more so with PMMA for collagen production.
My penis is very healthy, rock hard Erection never fails.
Excellent blood flow, vascular, Grower doubles in size from Flaccid to Erect.

I guess I'd be happy with 5.5 Girth, but I notice a lot of guys looking to be in the 6" plus range.
I'm guessing 6" plus is when you can be considered big??

How many many ML's do you guys think I need to get to 5.5" Girth ? How many sessions?

Many thanks

My stats:

7.5 BPEL
Neck 4.25"
Mid shaft 4.5"
Base 5"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715228

Chip2th wrote: I'm getting stated gathering info to make a decision.

I saw on Dr Shafers in NY website Volux is listed as an HA filler.

It's the most expensive and they claim its the firmest and longest lasting HA filler.

I am I going to notice a big difference compared to Voluma for example?

Which doctors and HA filler do you all recommend? Cost is not a primary concern for me.

Does anybody happen to know how much it costs to have the HA dissolved if needed?

The consensus seems to be HA is the safest and also good because its reversible.

What should I know about PMMA ? I see its permanent. What are the other negatives?

How does the feel of HA vs PMMA compare. I'm really concerned how my penis is going to feel after getting the filler.

Do you still maintain all the same amount of feeling, sensitivity.

I see avanti derma gets a lot of love on this board. Is it primarily price driven because they are in Mexico? I see they have been around a while, I noticed they did not have the HA Volux though. Would they get some special order?

Here is some more info about me that maybe could help you guys better point me in the right direction.
43 yrs old
6ft
175lbs
I am in excellent shape, eat very well, do all the healthy stuff, the fish oil, vitmamins etc, lots of exercise
I take growth hormone ( for anti aging) which i speculate will really help with healing, results, etc. Maybe even more so with PMMA for collagen production.
My penis is very healthy, rock hard erection never fails.
Excellent blood flow, vascular, grower doubles in size from flaccid to erect.

I guess I'd be happy with 5.5 girth, but I notice a lot of guys looking to be in the 6" plus range.
I'm guessing 6" plus is when you can be considered big??

How many many ML's do you guys think I need to get to 5.5" girth ? How many sessions?

Many thanks

My stats:

7.5 BPEL
Neck 4.25"
Mid shaft 4.5"
Base 5"

Dr. Shafer's Clinic is on 5th Avenue, let's just say in order to cover that kind of overhead, you have to be World Class levels of Plastic Surgeon. He's mentioned in a number of major Publications and Blogs and is the only Doctor I know of that is conducting a full-blown study on Hyaluronic Acid (HA) as well as possible mini-documentary in the near future. Despite the stereotype of the big shot Plastic Surgeon, my discussions with himself, his Staff, and his former patients, I get the impression he's quite likeable and goes the extra mile to make it as smooth a process as possible.

As for PMMA, Dr. Shafer offers Bellafill (the American iteration of PMMA) if you prefer. That said, I'd recommend starting with Hyaluronic Acid (HA) first. HA comes in a variety of versions depending on its application. You see, HA is a naturally occurring substance in your body, and what medical manufacturers have done is cross-link them to behave like dermal fillers, and thus create volume in the dermis. In the past, most iterations of HA were used mostly for the face in small volumes, thus their relative softness. Now that HA has been demonstrably effective in many other areas of the body, these same companies are creating more robust, longer lasting versions of HA which can yield quality results.

As for dissolving HA, my recommendation is to get low volumes injected first for a modest gain in girth, especially if cost is not an issue as you mentioned in your post. This way you can tell whether or not you like it, which will allow you to add more if it's a success, or have it dissolved if you aren't totally satisfied (the enzyme called Hyaluronidase is likely most effective in the earlier stages, but I'd give it at least 3 months minimum before passing judgment). Sometimes not all of the HA will dissolve, but not to worry, since it is temporary, you'll likely have to wait out a short time after Hyaluronidase to see your penis return to its normal look. HA is a temporary filler, but the rate at which your body will break down this filler varies wildly person-to-person it seems (I've seen men detect reduction in size as early as 6 months and even anomalies as long as 2 years, and for this reason many companies assert 12-18 months to be on the safe side). It's kind of like how some people heal faster than others, grow hair or fingernails quicker than others, and so on -- despite similar physiologies, many processes that aren't essential to our vitals seem to vary person-to-person.

Regarding Avanti Derma, their popularity stems from a multitude of factors, including (but not limited to) being the first Clinic deemed a success in an industry that goes back 3 decades, full of botcheries and nauseating complications. They were really the only name in the game as far as the use of PMMA (or any dermal filler really) in the penis while being the first to demonstrate the efficacy of this methodology to the North Western Hemisphere (I specify this because its origins came from Avanti's founder Dr. Casavantes being trained in Brazil where penile bioplasty was seemingly invented, as well as Dr. Casavantes' relationship with Professor Lemperle, the world's leading expert on PMMA at the time). Dr. Morales now performs the procedures, but she was trained by the now retired Dr. Casavantes and she seems to have been able to uphold the standard of quality after Dr. C's departure. Of course, value likely also plays a role, Medical Tourism is huge around the world. I went to Mexico for a teeth cleaning + two wisdom teeth extraction + medication + free taxi to and from the border all for $300. In some U.S. cities, that could have easily been $3,000! When it comes to medical cosmetic/aesthetic work, there are many really top notch Surgeons, Dentists, Hair Restorationists all over the world, including Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Turkey, and some others.

Regarding how they feel (PMMA vs HA vs Other Options), I have a simple rule of thumb: just don't go overboard. With your length, you're an ideal candidate, you can easily acquire 5.5"+ without sacrificing natural aesthetics. It's usually when you begin getting a lot of filler that it can become more palpable (this is true for all fillers). That said, the vast majority of partners won't notice, only you will since you are accustomed to your own penis. Since penises come in different shapes, sizes, veiny/non-veiny, colorations, glans proportions, curvatures, among other things, most people won't be bothered to question it, especially since male enhancement of this type is still relatively low-key (i.e. not mainstream). The nice thing with HA is, that if you feel it becomes too palpable to closer you reach 6", you'll know it will eventually dissipate back to 5.5" and you can go in to touch up any minor unevenness from the filler breakdown.

Sensitivity, form, and function of your phallus will not be affected by filler injections. These fillers go into layers of your dermis and are not injected into any of your erectile or urethral tissues, thus posing no risk to erectile or urinary function. However, some men have reported very subtle changes in sensitivity, both "more" and "less" sensitive post-op, but I've never seen any account that had any significant change in this regard either way. More sensitivity makes sense to me since you'll have more surface area than you had previously; the even less common reports of subtle loss in sensitivity I chalk up to early stages of collagen growth, because I can't think up of any physiological reason why this would occur, and suspect most these guys who have stated as much likely regained full sensitivity many months later (unfortunately, a lot of guys will update their Progress Reports less and less frequently with the passing of time because they've got what they wanted, happy, and want to move on and not dwell on size anymore because in their minds, the weight is off their shoulders; that said, anyone reading this, I implore you to at least do yearly updates if you choose to Progress Report, after your initial first few months of posting).

HA's Pros: arguably the best safety profile for a filler; somewhat reversible, and whatever isn't completely dissolved will dissipate in short time; newer iterations of HA are having positive reception/reviews in the penis.
HA's Cons: requirement of maintenance, and somewhat unpredictable what that timetable might be for a person. I will say however, this is a minor "con" since if you choose to top-off once a year, you'll only need much smaller volumes to sustain your size goal, and at lower volumes it should be lower in cost in theory; the other only con I can think of is a lack of consensus on the best brand of HA for penile application. Given Dr. Shafer's many years doing this procedure, I would take his recommendation, he has too solid of a reputation to push you in one direction just because "he got a deal buying a certain brand of HA in bulk." Besides, he's conducting an ongoing HA study, which would make him even more privy to the qualities of each brand of HA filler.

PMMA's Pros: its permanence means once you've completed the number of appointments required to get your final end result/goal, you are set for life. This is a good value proposition. The microspheres are bio-compatible and biologically inert, non-carcinogenic, and has been used in a variety of medical applications outside of just dermal fillers for many decades.
PMMA's Cons: albeit rare, complications may be more challenging to treat (not impossible, but may require multiple appointments involving one or more therapies to resolve the issue). The most known (again, still rare) complication is a foreign born granuloma (which can happen with any filler by the way) which can end up creating a larger than usual lump that will require a few sessions of corticosteroid injections and possibly anti-inflammatory medication to treat. Fortunately, FBG's do not effect the functionality of your penis, the granuloma itself is a localized area of inflammation due to the presence of a foreign body in the shaft skin, and to be frank isn't something I'd consider alarming, but absolutely necessary to treat. In the 13 and a half-ish years the PhalloBoards has been around, I can probably count on one hand the number of irrefutably diagnosed granuloma's being reported. Sure, there are a lot of people who don't post (the vast majority of traffic don't are mostly visitors who are researching with no interest in discussion, which is fine), so it could be a bit higher than I'm lead to believe, but I also know the sample size I'm provided is unparalleled in terms of overall reporting, so I'm sticking to my belief that (major) complication stemming from PMMA in the penis are very rare.

*Note- these are elective procedures and aren't without risk of complication(s). That said, having a qualified, skilled, and experience practitioner using medical grade products ensures that complication rates stay relatively low; This forum has over a decade of progress reporting and complications stemming from patients who have been to any of the Doctors who have Sponsored this site are uncommon and typically get resolved over time. Most major complications you may hear about come from Doctors & Clinics that I have turned away Sponsorship opportunities to, as they presented a well established history of severe and/or frequent reports of complications & botcheries (e.g. large volumes of silicone oil, rigid silicone implants, or any procedure that is both very experimental & extremely invasive).

I'd go with your gut, Dr. Shafer is a Sponsor here for full transparency, but I wouldn't have brought him on board if I thought he didn't put out good work. As I've said before, he's also highly esteemed and you don't work on 5th Avenue Manhattan without being a stud in his field of Medicine. His Patient Coordinator Luc is a really nice guy to chat with and their Staff are peak professionalism. I hope this information helps. Good luck!

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715264

• Chip2th
Wow thank you for such a great reply to my post. Very much appreciated.
I have another question if you don’’t mind.

The doctor I’ve been chatting with is concerned if more than 10-12 cc of HA are used the result can be considered too spongey feeling. I’m going with Volux, supposed to be slightly more firm.
However I’ve read quite a few posts in this forum by now and I haven’t really noticed any body complaining about it being too soft or spongey and some of these guys are getting quite a bit of HA often 30 ml or higher.
Is this sponginess something a woman would notice or just me since I’m so used to the previous feeling.
Is this notiion of it being too spongey overblown ?
Does spreading let’s say 20 to 40 ml over multiple sessions make a difference or is it just total voilume ultimately.

Thank you

Last edit: by Chip2th.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715265

Chip2th wrote: Wow thank you for such a great reply to my post. Very much appreciated.
I have another question if you don’’t mind.

The doctor I’ve been chatting with is concerned if more than 10-12 cc of HA are used the result can be considered too spongey feeling. I’m going with Volux, supposed to be slightly more firm.
However I’ve read quite a few posts in this forum by now and I haven’t really noticed any body complaining about it being too soft or spongey and some of these guys are getting quite a bit of HA often 30 ml or higher.
Is this sponginess something a woman would notice or just me since I’m so used to the previous feeling.
Is this notiion of it being too spongey overblown ?
Does spreading let’s say 20 to 40 ml over multiple sessions make a difference or is it just total voilume ultimately.

Thank you

Depends on the brand of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) he's using. HA is a naturally occurring substance in our body that medical device manufacturers have cross-linked to behave more like dermal fillers. Some iterations are used for the face, hence their softness, but newer iterations have taken into account HA's versatility in many areas of the body, proving to be both more natural feeling and longer-lasting.

Do you mind sharing with us the Doctor you've chosen? I believe Volux should be fine, the bigger issue is a lack of consensus among injectors in the field on which is best for penile application -- an ongoing area of discovery & trial. That said, HA possesses the best safety profile among all fillers, so don't think for a second you're a guinea pig in this regard.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715285

Chip2th wrote: The doctor I’ve been chatting with is concerned if more than 10-12 cc of HA are used the result can be considered too spongey feeling. I’m going with Volux, supposed to be slightly more firm.

I had 15cc volux back in Nov2021. It was un-squishy enough that I struggle to remember what my Dick originally felt like. As in, I think any issues I had were psychosomatic
I still have some residual in fact, though, some of it may just be my skin having stretched out? I know the docs here have said that's not likely but the skin definitely feels like it's...thicker? Where Turtling used to mean an accordion effect, now it's a gumdrop receding into a marshmallow - and again this is 2+ years later. I would say it's otherwise undetectable.

I'm high 7's BPEL when I have a peak rager so it would have to a degree been spread out along a longer-ish shaft.

Would not hesitate to go the volux route again, and I'm one who opts for authenticity over stats/size. If my junk looks or feels fake, I'm not interested. Come time I think next is PMMA for me.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715286

• Chip2th
Thanks so much for the reply.

What Girth did you start with and end up with ? What was the reason you didn’t maintain or top off ? Which doctor did you use?
My doc says it would take around 15cc to achieve a 1 Inch gain.

I think eventually I’ll go PMMA route as well after HA.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715287

I plan on doing a progress report as I recently had 10 mls of volux after having previously having voluma. No question it’s firmer / better all around in my opinion.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715288

Chip2th wrote: Thanks so much for the reply.

What Girth did you start with and end up with ? What was the reason you didn’t maintain or top off ? Which doctor did you use?
My doc says it would take around 15cc to achieve a 1 Inch gain.

I think eventually I’ll go PMMA route as well after HA.

I didn't use a doc from the boards and honestly as he's doing silicone now I can't recommend him, that makes someone PNG in my book.
As for starting Girth...that's also complicated, because until I had this procedure I'd never really experimented with boner pills or shots, so I don't think I've ever had such crazy EQ. I did waht most teenagers do way back when, "can i fit my Dick in a TP tube? hey, it only goes like an Inch past the glans, I'm thick!".

From what I remember beforehand I was just north of 5.5 (call it 5.6?) at the base, and a frog's hair over 5 behind the glans. I'd say I gained 1/4 Inch at the base and maybe 3/8" behind the glans? So, modest. But consider my starting length and firth.

My data is not what i would call scientific in any realm. I would only proffer that it took me from a 5.5=>5.1 taper to a fairly consistent 5.75 => 5.5 cylinder, now I'm back to 5.6 base but with some retention behind the glans, call it 5.25ish. I really haven't been as numbers focused as I've been "it's notably bigger and it looks and feels good Erect"..

As for maintaining it...just haven't really felt a need, and, girlfriend is on a boatload of psych meds that've killed her libido, so that's a whole ass thing. I do know te Avanti folks prefer your HA be gone before they do their Linnea, and they're my current frontrunner, plus, knowing I'm going to do PMMA at some point why drop $5k+ now when I could wait, give the same to Avanti, and at most go in for a polishing/smoothing session? (I think being around 6" uniformly with flawless aesthetics is a reasonable achievement at my natural size, very doable in one bulking session and one follow-up methinks). Topping up HA is money i dont have to spend for temporary results I don't need if I'm going PMMA.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715289

• Chip2th
Much appreciated thanks for sharing.

I think I might be headed to Avanti as well.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715313

Let me start by saying that I love Voluma for its combination of safety, natural feel, and duration. In response to your question about Volux, know that it is also part of the Allergan family of fillers and known for having the highest G prime.

G prime is central to understanding the characteristics of dermal fillers. G prime, or G’, is a measure of a filler's viscosity and elasticity. This rating essentially tells us how soft and pliable the filler is, and how firm it is. The lower the G prime, the more fluid and flexible the filler; the higher the G prime, the denser and firmer but also less flexible it is.

I think of Volux as Voluma plus, a slight upgrade from Voluma so to speak, but with the with the benefit of increased G prime in Volux, note that it is slightly more prone to needing touch-ups and fine-tuning. However, if you are aware of this beforehand, it can be a very effective choice for penile augmentation. The increased G prime suggests that Volux could offer a firmer, more robust result, which aligns with your preference for a firmer filler.

Regarding the concerns about sponginess, especially with higher volumes of HA like 20 to 40 ml, it's important to note that individual perceptions vary. However, it's not necessarily a universal experience, most men love their Voluma.

Spreading the HA injections over multiple sessions can have an impact on the overall feel and integration of the filler. This approach allows for gradual adaptation and might mitigate the feeling of sponginess, providing a more natural result. Importantly it also allows for the smoothest final appearance. Volux, given its high G prime is a great choice if you are aware of the need for potential touch-ups.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715314

This is all my personal opinion but it does line up with Dr Sullivan.

I wouldn't do more than ten syringes at a time. Less is more. Both in terms of feel, gains, ability to tweak the shape, etc.

As for feel... I have a lot of filler in general, and specifically a lot of HA.

I find it pliable when Flaccid and quite firm/hard when Erect. When I'm fully Erect it's definitely firm. I'd say I have a softish layer less than a quarter Inch in depth, almost like the skin itself feels thicker, but below that it is hard when I'm Erect. I absolutely love it.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715315

• Chip2th
thanks so much

Would you recommend staying at 10-12 ml fist time ? I was thinking about pushing it to 15 ml.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715316

Chip2th wrote: thanks so much

Would you recommend staying at 10-12 ml fist time ? I was thinking about pushing it to 15 ml.

The practitioner should be totally fine doing on the fly.

I'd say ten is a healthy first round for your size/length. That should be enough product for them to work with to establish even distribution. You may hit ten and look and be totally happy. You may be like sure pump some more in.

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715317

• Chip2th
Appreciate it thanks

Rookie Here: Anybody Familiar with Volux? Need Guidance - Thanks 3 months 2 weeks ago #1308715318

No problem. Good luck! It's an easy process.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream