PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not?

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296218248

• Dream
  • Dream's Avatar Topic Author
  • General
  • General
  • Thank you received: 44
Brock writes:
Are you taking ibuprofen? I did 600mg every 8 hrs to get that swelling down. Once the swelling goes down you can see things much better.
phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/pmm...17-8527873?&trail=30

smalljay writes:
REFUSE THE ANTI INFLAMMATORY PILLS THEY OFFER YOU PRE OP (i think its ibuprofin) - these pills absolutely kill your gains (I found out in round 2) and are completely counteractive to the process that PMMA is supposed to create (tissue inflammation and swelling). I have no idea why they try and give those to people and I think it\'s something they need to change. Because of those pills I gained only 1/8\" from a full round of 30% in round two. Wouldn\'t you know it - when I went in for round 3 and didn\'t take them, I gained almost half an inch.
phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/10-...11981?pid=1292268625

Someone wrote that Dr C said it's not bad for gains to take Iboprofen. (Don't find it anymore)

What do you think?

I don't have anything against the swelling..

On the other hand, why not, then perhaps on my next round I can actually 'see something' that I then can correct with massage..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296363752

Thanks for the insight. If a doc is saying this then maybe Dream is right.

Out of interest, how have things shaped up over the last 3 years?

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296363337

I\'m only telling my personal experience. My 2nd round of 30% aug 2013 I used Ibuprofen. I wouldn\'t do that again! The gains weren\'t as good or even.

My fianc' just got Lasix surgery. She\'s experiencing some swelling. The doctor specifically said do not take IB pro friend or any anti-inflammatory medicine. It will inhibit proper healing and collagen growth! I immediately put 2 and 2 together....

Some swelling is normal fellas. Blood around healing and college is good! I know you wanna heal and fuck faster but I\'d rather wait an extra week or two to get solid full even gains.

I suggest fish oils and fresh juiced ginger for inflammatory issues.

I\'ll be heading in in 3 weeks for my third round. This one being a little over 3.5 years later... I won\'t be taking antiinflamitory meds. I\'ll let you know how it goes.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296336838

• Dream
  • General
  • General
There is also
- ibuprofen gel
(\"When ibuprofen is applied to the skin as a gel, instead of it having an effect on all of your body, it only works on the area that you have applied it to. It is absorbed into your skin and then moves deeper into areas of your body where there is inflammation (for example, your muscle). Using a skin gel means that the total amount of ibuprofen in your body remains low. This in turn means that you are much less likely to have a side-effect to the medicine.\")
- arnika cream (an alternative to ibuprofen gel, works basically very very simillar)

I guess starting taking ibuprofen pill in the hours after the procedure?

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296248486

I had a hematoma near my Foreskin after round three. Pretty freaky. I def iced and used IB profin. Had no effect on gains whatsoever.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296219565

Most of the studies I find online have to do with collagen in tendon recovery but they kind of convinced me no harm would be done taking it within the first couple of days.

Both the mRNA and protein expressions of types I and III collagen in tendon cells, as reflected by RT-PCR and Western blot analysis, respectively, remained unchanged after treatment with different concentrations of ibuprofen for 24 h (Fig. 1). The results remained the same at 48 h and 72 h after ibuprofen treatment.

On the other hand, the same study found increases in collagenases enzymes MMP-1, -8, and -13 (almost 2 fold). In microbio I know we learned that this cleaves collagen but not sure in respect to the PMMA process

The results of RT-PCR revealed that gene expressions of MMP-1, -8, and MMP-13 were upregulated by ibuprofen dose dependently at 24 h post-ibuprofen treatment

Don\'t see how that\'s relevant though as my understanding of PMMA is that the carrier collagen is phagocytized by macrophages within 1'3 month period while simultaneously being replaced with collagen fibers secreted by the by fibroblasts in the body. I doubt that 72 hours of NSAID use is actually going to have that much of lasting effect.

Anecdotal evidence on the site suggests otherwise though which is why I stopped after the first day.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296219478

It keeps fluid from building up in your Dick as gravity will pull it down to your glans.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296219465

• Dream
  • General
  • General

Hunkydory01 wrote: Inflammation is not good and I was told by Dr. Reed needs to be avoided as it slows recovery. He always insisted that you stay horizontal for 4 days just to avoid it.

Inflammation is reduced when you lie in bed all the time?

Ok, so Advil and or iboprofen the first 2-3 days.
Anything else, if inflammation is not good? Someone once wrote about Arnika-Cream for the penis.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296219298

Inflammation is not good and I was told by Dr. Reed needs to be avoided as it slows recovery. He always insisted that you stay horizontal for 4 days just to avoid it. I think there is a tendency for guys to associate all sorts of things they did with their results. Taking Advil for a few days after the procedure has no effect on collagen and avoids swelling which is more likely to screw with your results.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296219278

My opinion.. it does say online somewhere that ibuprofen can inhibit collagen (Maybe I should double check my facts) - but ibuprofen is in and out of your system quick and collagen doesn\'t start for a few days so.. i wouldn\'t take it every day, but I can\'t see the first 2 days being a big deal.
This topic is up for debate. Id listen to contrary opinions especially from SmallJay. He knows his stuff.
I was over 6.5 Inch when swollen, it was red and hot. I felt I had no choice.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296218424

There is no reason that swelling would contribute to gains in collagen. It\'s just a reaction to trauma. Take the pills, I\'m going to.

Reduce Swelling after PMMA (with Ibuprofen) ' or not? 6 years 10 months ago #1296365281

• Dream
  • General
  • General
Ok, now 2 persons saying against it (smalljay and Nobrakes), so now i tend to the \'will not use\'-side.
Could be totally nothing, Dr C said it\'s nothing, but the swelling doesn\'t bother me actually.

What is the bad thing about the swelling?
You don\'t feel and see where the PMMA actually is. Hm.

• Page: