PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: penoscrotal webbing correction surgery (Photos Inside)

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery (Photos Inside) 3 years 7 months ago #1308699061

• moemoe
  • moemoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a surgery scheduled next month to correct my penoscrotal webbing that is due to a aggressive Circumcision as an infant. The surgery will be done by a reconstructive Urologist/surgeon and will be covered by my insurance. I believe this particular doctor does a lot of reassignment surgeries for transgenders but I’m not really sure how much experience he has correcting penoscrotal webbing. I asked him and he told me he has done a lot of penoscrotal webbing corrections though.This particular doctor works Mount Sinai in New York.

Prior to scheduling surgery with this doctor I was looking to have the surgery done by Dr. Gary Alter, who I have a lot of confidence in based on his website where he has videos talking about the procedure and a lot of before and after photos. However, Dr. Alter does not except insurance and will only submit a claim to my insurance provider after the procedure. Dr. Alter charges a little under 9k for the procedure (if done in NYC) and my insurance will only reimburse me around 3k if they even accept the claim at all.

I have the credit to pay for the procedure but money is definitely a factor here and I don’t necessarily want to pay 9k for this. However, a good functional and aesthetic result is paramount for me.

I was thinking I could have the surgery done at Mt Sinai and if I don’t like the result I can have a Revision (hopefully) done by Dr. Alter.

What do you guys think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 7 months ago #1308699062

9K for removing some skin and the turkey neck is crazy
I heard in Europe most urologists do this procedure for under 1K.
I might need one too, still checking possibilities

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 7 months ago #1308699069

Dr. Alter is a very good surgeon, so depending on what route you take, he's going to be one of your better options.

I know resident Sponsors like Dr. Carney and Dr. Morganstern of Morganstern Urology, and Dr. Solomon all do penoscrotal webbing, have you looked to see if they accept insurance?

The last progress report (PB 2.0) I saw of a Dr. Carney penoscrotal webbing was phenomenal. Dr. Giunta also had a pretty good progress report (PB 2.0) with post-op scrotal webbing work. Do a simple search of the relevant key-terms on the old site and you'll see some of what I mean.

Here's an excerpt from Dr. Solomon's Q&A on this site:
Scrotal webbing is an issue for many men. It can interfere with intercourse and be a source of irritation during exercise. There are several methods of correcting the web. The oldest method is known as z-plasty. Other methods include a U shaped skin excision and a V shaped skin excision. The decision about which pattern to use is based upon the extent of the problem, which varies with each patient. The surgery itself is not associated with much postoperative discomfort, but there is a large a mount of swelling. This takes the better part of a month to resolve and in that time men are restricted in terms of physical activity and sexual activity. Surgery is performed as an outpatient. Some patients require a drain to be used while others do not. This is a decision that I make at the time of surgery. The scars from these procedures are well hidden due to the nature of the skin of the scrotum. I use dissolving Sutures that do not need to be removed.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699470

• PmmaFan
  • Thank you received: 8
I also want to get this surgery done with dr alter !!

When is your appointment?

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699481

• moemoe
I decided to go with another doctor that accepted medical insurance. If you have medical insurance and are in the tristate area I can refer you to the doctor who did my surgery. I had my surgery done last week. I am still recovering and waiting for the stitches to dissolve.

The surgery went well. I have much more skin on the underside of my penis now and it feels much more comfortable than it did before (even with the stitches still in). There is now a distinct separation between my penis and Balls. Aesthetically I am satisfied with the results but let’s just say my Balls aren’t gonna win any beauty contests anytime soon. Hopefully things will look more natural once I fully heal. From a layman’s point of view I think more scrotal skin could have been removed but take that with a grain of salt. With that being said, my overall package looks a lot better than it did before (I had a significant web). And I saved about 9k had I got the surgery done by Alter and about 6k plus airfare and hotel had I got the surgery done at Morganstern.

My doctor didn’t do a z-plasty like Alter does. I am not sure if everyone qualifies to have a z plasty done but from the before and after pictures on alter’s website a z plasty produces some nice aesthetic results. Do as much research as you can.
I’m not even sure what technique my doctor used but I think it involved creating skin flaps to provide the needed skin to the underside of my penis.

Let me know if you would like me to pm you my doctors info.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699571

I had scrotal webbing Removal done with Dr. Alter back in 2015. It went well, and like moemoe said above, he is probably the most well known doc for it and he performed it through a z-plasty. I got good results, but it cost me probably ~$10K and insurance didn't cover any of it with him. Happy to answer any questions people have.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699736

• moemoe
Ok so I believe this is actually what i had done

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221026121630428X

Doctor added about .4 inches of girth to my shaft and I don’t know how much flaccid length (it varies)

I think I may have actually lost some erect length (for the time being I hope) but hopefully once the stitches fully dissolve and I fully heal, I’ll be back to my normal erect length

Maybe the tissue he used to help elongate my shaft aren’t as spongey as natural shaft tissue but I hope that’s not the case and I get all my length back (I need all the length I have lol)

I think sex is gonna feel a little different for my partners if all heals wells

My shaft is noticeably thicker

I think all swelling has gone down so I think these girth gains are permanent

I didn’t even go into this thinking my penis was going to change much other than the removal of the web

Things still look a little weird but nevertheless better than what I had before and my girth is a lot more within average range now (5 inch erect girth)

I think the doctor wants me to refrain from sex for 6 weeks after surgery if I’m not mistaken and that’s becoming a challenge

Only thing I think the doctor did wrong based on my research is not giving me any medication to prevent night time erections which I got on the first night (and second night I believe) and part of my wound opened up so that’s not gonna heal great and hopefully a lot of scar tissue doesn’t build up in the area and bury some of my penis or something

The closure that partially opened up is a horizontal incision right at the junction of my scrotum and shaft

Last but not least I think circumcision can have lasting effects on someone if performed incorrectly

I never even really knew what was wrong with my junk and why it was the way it was

I was mutilated

Probably not as bad as other people but it affected me my whole life without me really even knowing it

I also think once I heal my scrotum can use a nip and tuck

I think that would vastly improve my aesthetic results

Last edit: by moemoe.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699737

• moemoe
I had a “phallic reconstruction” by the way

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699774

Thanks for reporting your story here Moemoe, It will help other guys in similar situations. Are you able to post any before and after pictures?

Last edit: by Dr_Oates.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699816

• moemoe
Before:

Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699817

• moemoe
Another before:

Attachments:

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 6 months ago #1308699818

• moemoe
After:

A lot of the stitches still haven’t dissolved

And I could have been a little easier on the area in terms of letting it heal

But I think when all is said and done it will heal up nicely

When my Balls are in sag mode it looks a little weird but hopefully that will improve once I’m fully healed
Attachments:

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 5 months ago #1308699882

@moemoe who did your procedure and how much it cost? I thought it cost like $800. Not sure why anyone would charge $10k for this. I need to get this procedure asap. Makes my dick look short and can’t get pmma with a turkey neck.

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 5 months ago #1308699935

• moemoe

New1inch wrote: @moemoe who did your procedure and how much it cost? I thought it cost like $800. Not sure why anyone would charge $10k for this. I need to get this procedure asap. Makes my dick look short and can’t get pmma with a turkey neck.

My insurance covered it

I’ll pm you the dr info

penoscrotal webbing correction surgery 3 years 5 months ago #1308699939

moemoe wrote:

New1inch wrote: @moemoe who did your procedure and how much it cost? I thought it cost like $800. Not sure why anyone would charge $10k for this. I need to get this procedure asap. Makes my dick look short and can’t get pmma with a turkey neck.

My insurance covered it

I’ll pm you the dr info

Ok thanks

Moderators: dstern22hoddle10bricebNoxcuseTexasDream