PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lig Cut Journey - Dr. Victor Liu

Lig Cut Journey - Dr. Victor Liu 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715308

HI all,

Long time lurker here, the info here (on what is a very personal and not oft-talked about topic) is invaluable. The conversations here prompted me to finally get a ligament cut procedure with Dr. Victor Liu after thinking over it for a decade (scheduled to be done in a few weeks). I'm obviously nervous about getting such a major procedure done and what might happen in case things go wrong, but thought of starting this thread as another real world progress report. I'm going into this procedure with my eyes open and not expecting much. For the record, I'm uncut and at 4.5" Erect (I don't do BPEL or anything like that, I just measure the usable length). I've had good partners thus far and enjoyed my sex life, but always wished I could add a bit more. I've tried practically every enlargement device/regimen there is (stuff from monkeybar which I tried for quite a bit, the noose extenders for while, vac extenders, weight Hanging, Bib Hanger, pegym and other forums, you name it) on and off but got no success. Perhaps it was my lack of "full" commitment or (more likely) simply genetics.

One question I had before I have my procedure done was about Dr. Liu saying he only cuts 90% of the deep suspensory ligament to preserve some stability during sex. I'm curious if other docs just detach the entire ligament (something which Dr. Liu offered if I wanted but did not recommend)? Also wondering if the penis can be elongated without full detachment in the first place. If anyone has any experience on this subject, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks to all for all the helpful info (especially from Skiman and SouthBay612), I'll do my bit to document my journey as well and will try to be as detailed as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by maverick.

Lig Cut Journey - Dr. Victor Liu 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715319

My understanding is that conventional approach is to sever the entire ligament, and this explains why historically Surgeons have sometimes used "spacers" (whether using silicone, other tissue, etc.) in order to prevent ligament from healing and reattaching. However, I've always found this confusing, and wonder if I've misunderstood the purpose of spacers since ligaments don't readily reattach themselves when they've been completely severed (according to a number of sources I reviewed before submitting this post strongly suggests that a Surgeon would need to reattach them).

Then again perhaps the ligaments found supporting the penis may behave differently, I can't say for sure. Perhaps @PhalloplasticSurgeon_DrLiu could chime in).

What you'll come to learn is that Ligamentolysis (the surgery of severing your ligaments in order to let more of your inner penis hang forward has many different approaches depending on the Doctor: some sever completely, others partially (in this case, Dr. Liu), some use spacers and some don't believe in them at all, some use sharp surgical tools and others lasers, and post-op stretching protocols vary Doctor-to-Doctor. Basically, Ligamentolysis is NOT a standardized surgical procedure, so it is best to see a Surgeon with experience. Dr. Liu certainly a trustworthy choice.

I guess to answer your question, go with what the Doctor recommends. Worst case scenario, you can go back in to get the entire ligament severed if your post-op protocol isn't as responsive as you'd hoped. Those are my 2cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maverick

Lig Cut Journey - Dr. Victor Liu 3 months 3 weeks ago #1308715320

Thanks Skeptical_One, that makes sense. I chose Dr. Liu for his experience as well as proximity in case of complications. So far he has been very responsive, he obviously knows more than me in terms of the medical aspect. The members I connected with privately on this forum have also had good things to say about him. Trusting the doctor and keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edit: by maverick.
  • Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream