TOPIC: 12 days post PMMA and already regretting it

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 5 days ago #1308716473

• moes
  • moes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi,

I've been reading the forums for about two years and finally decided to go for a first round of PMMA at AD, which I received on March 11.

During the discussion with Dr. Morales, I indicated that I wanted to increase my circumference, but that I wanted to avoid lumps or nodules and that I would only like 10% PMMA. She told me that for an increase, she had to use 30% PMMA, but that she could use half and half 10 and 30%. So I trusted her and said "ok". Everything went smoothly and I didn't feel any pain. However, when I received the document confirming my injections, I saw that I had received 15 ml of 30% and 7 ml of 10%! Inwardly, I started to panic, but I tried to calm myself by thinking that everything would turn out fine, like we've seen with most people.

Now I'm on day 12, and the results are enormous! In the sense of too much. I already had a 6-Inch Girth, and in my head I only wanted a half-Inch increase, just to say that my skin is less flabby when Flaccid.

Since yesterday, I'm starting to get multiple small nodules along the shaft, near the injection site on the right side, as if I had a small rosary inserted under the skin.

ll in all, I'm beginning to regret this procedure and I'm already looking at Urology clinics near me to remove the implant.

Those stats are freakish, especially the Flaccid Girth:

Starting Stats

FL: 4.3" FG: 4.7"
EL: 6.5" EG: 6"

Round 1
FL 5.1" FG 6.5”
EL 6.5" EG 7”

I just hope that some of this augmentation is still due to swelling, but as the days go by, I get more and more discouraged...

As for the amount of 30% injected vs my initial desire, I think there was some misunderstanding on both parts, but now I have to endure it or remove it. I'll try to keep you updated, so that other people don't make the same mistake that I did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by moes.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716475

I'm not knocking you at all so please don't take offence and just read the whole post.

This is why they have the form, why they screen and why reading here is important. It takes time and it's an emotional roller coaster and more importantly you need to be a patient person.

You JUST had it done. Stop panicking. Stop already searching for Removal, just get a hold of yourself.

You won't even see a finished product for six weeks. The carrier is gone, your body is currently producing collagen. It is a process and you need to let it happen.

Expectations also need to have been realistic. I'm just trying to get across to you that you should have known this prior, but either way this is where you're at and you need to step back and wait.

You will be ok. Calm down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razor350, moes

Last edit: by justn8.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716476

Theres no reason to think Removal apply heat and pinch n roll the small lumps near injection sites. Those usually go away with time and dont worry you wont stay at 7 you will lose amounts as swelling goes away getting rid of PMMA is a invasive procedure keep calm wait the 6 weeks report back here with pics and then you can access what you will do next. I just finished a procedure all 10% and so far looks like im not gaining anything so atleast be happy with a 1 Inch gain some people will kill for that
The following user(s) said Thank You: moes

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716477

• moes
Thanks for your replies.

I might have to step back a little, but I just can't see how things will get better in 6 weeks; I really wasn't prepared for a gain that huge when I checked so many pics in these forums. When I compared before and after pics of Flaccid penises, I could see there was a slight difference pre/post, but when I compare these results to mine, it's just huge, so I REALLY hope there's some swelling left at this time and that I'll end with what we would call a moderate gain at week 6.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I still feel slight sensations of pain and itching, so it reminds me constantly that there's something "unusual" going on down there. I'll try to to keep my mind busy for the next couple of days since I can't do anything about it now and for the near future.

Last edit: by moes.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716480

Go find my thread. After my one session I developed a noticeable bump lump whatever on the one side. It did resolve. Same with entry nodules over time.

It will be ok. How much larger are you? I don't think I'd freak out too much. You'll likely settle out around where you want to be.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716482

Do you feel comfortable posting pics atleast we can see your perspective on this

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716483

The sensation of itching is the filler absorbing it happened to me and dr Casavantes warned me it will happen you dont have anything to worry about

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716484

• moes

uncuthero wrote: Do you feel comfortable posting pics atleast we can see your perspective on this

Yeah I'll try posting pics later today or tomorrow. I have a tattooed penis (intended to make genitals darker) which is atypical and a bit embarrassing to show to the world, but I'll see what I can do.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716485

I agree with all comments here, the quick jump to "Removal" with no discernable complication (that is, the type that presents potential harm to the function of your penis or health) is a knee-jerk reaction to having undergone a procedure, which may even have some residual swelling (yes, even 12 days out).

The little bits of intermittent "itching" or "mild sharp pains" is a normal part of the process, I had it and many others have experienced it for the first few weeks (even months to a lesser degree). It's likely associated with the start of your collagen journey and is nothing to be alarmed about.

Unless your penis (1) swells abnormally beyond this point; (2) reddens abnormally beyond this point; (3) increases in pain beyond this point; (4) or shows clear signs of infection (none of which you've described), I would wait till the 6-week marker before passing judgement. Of course, if you feel it necessary to have further evaluation, contact your performing Physician. I'm afraid many Urologists and other Medical Providers are simply not privy to the nature of your procedure (you'd be surprised how many Doctors have no clue), and thus may put you at increased risk of making a bad decision based on their intuition and not experience. Your body is healing and short of any alarming developments (not merely aesthetic irregularities), I would say you are progressing very typically of a normal post-op PMMA injection patient.

I would strongly recommend against Removal given what you've presented us, you have a better chance of seeing an aesthetic improvement on a subsequent visit to address any asymmetries than you would going through the invasive surgery involved in what seems like an unnecessary quest to solve nothing -- that is to say, Removal's invasiveness may only open you to more potential problems, and should be seen as a literal last resort in the face of insurmountable complications (which are exceedingly rare, and certainly not what I'm reading in your report).

Of course, I'm not qualified to make that judgment as a Medical Professional, but as THE Patient Representative on this forum, you need to know that I'm quite confident that your issues are seemingly aesthetic; any nodules or irregularities can be corrected, and subsequent visits are almost always inevitable. Have it easy buddy, relax & recover and follow the protocol(s) as prescribed till at least the 6 week marker, then come back to us with any news worth discussing (even if daily or weekly if it makes getting through this easier).

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 4 days ago #1308716492

Hello @moes
I am very sorry you feel how you feel. Please don't make it worse.
At this moment, you are not even finished with the inflammatory process!!!
The biggest mistake that you can make is a panic-ridden decision to remove the implant. The chances for further deformity are higher after surgery.
Ian has been giving you the same advise.
Please remember that you opted for a permanent filler that will be there for life. You have a lot of time to think about this since you have no medical issues that are considered an emergency.
PMMA implants are dynamic for months. You will witness changes in many ways and may end up being positive. JUST GIVE IT TIME!
Please settle down, give it time to get established, and reconsider your thoughts at least six weeks from now. I hope that you never need to do the extraction; if you wait longer than that, you may like it, or at least you may get used to it, avoiding the permanent consequences of surgery.
On the other hand... can you disclose if you have had previous procedures (besides the tattoo) that could compromise the results of this one?
DrC @ Avanti Derma
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razor350, moes

Last edit: by Avanti_Derma.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 3 days ago #1308716500

• moes
I would like to thank everyone for these comments. They're all valid and reassuring. I must say that I sustained a concussion last Sunday, so I think it put an additional burden on me and played on my mood too. I had a long discussion with my wife yesterday (who works in a hospital) and she strongly agrees that surgery is a last resort and she thinks that I nor her don't want that to happen. About the size, if it stays that big, she told me she'll try do deal with it and do her best to adapt to it. I can't tell you how much that made a difference to me.

As for the pain and itching, Ian advised me yesterday to stop massaging too frequently; I was still massaging 6 to 8 times a day and it might have contributed to the perceived pain and ongoing swelling. This morning I don't feel as much pain as I feeled yesterday so I'll be very gentle on the massages, while still using the Hanging ball 3-5 hours a day.

The one part that concerns me though is that I had skin rashes on Wednesday and yesterday that look like hives: red, inflamed, bumpy, and itchy patches of skin on my butt cheeks, thighs, and arms, and these appeared very quickly. I took an antihistamine tablet (cetirizine hydrochloride) and it almost went away in 30 minutes both times. I wonder if the recently injected PMMA has something to do with this.

On the other hand... can you disclose if you have had previous procedures (besides the tattoo) that could compromise the results of this one?
DrC @ Avanti Derma

Thank you DrC for your comment, it is much appreciated. As I told Dr Morales, I had small injections of personal lubricant more than 20 years ago and most of the small nodules were removed by a Urologist. I had still one Nodule left on the top of the shaft at the time of the injection but Dr Morales said that she didn't feel it much and that she didn't even notice it when she did the injections.

P.S.: I'm joining some pics, mostly of Flaccid states. I'll try to take pics and measurements only at weekly or bi-weekly intervals to help me not obsess about that whole thing.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 3 days ago #1308716501

Brother, that is an amazing aesthetic outcome.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 3 days ago #1308716503

Ian reported precisely what I see: excellent results.
I hope that your evolution continues. It reassures me that we are all giving you good advice.
Personal lubricant injected into your penis? It probably was absorbed over time, so Dr. Morales didn't see any problem taking you.
Well... stay in tune with Ian, please. I'll be a close observer.
DrC @ AvantiDerma
The following user(s) said Thank You: moes, Yup

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 2 days ago #1308716506

I personally think it looks great.

I'm sure that once you get to use it, both you and your wife will be much happier.

Honestly that's a great result for this early.

12 days post PMMA and already regretting it 1 month 2 days ago #1308716507

I cant imagine this is what your complaining about i will switch with you in a instant it looks really good congrats your worries should go away thats great results

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.
  • Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream