PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709683

ioannis519 wrote: @screen2584 So with your grafting you were degloved from the foreskin ? Having a huge scar by the pubic area has made me second guess the procedure.

Many people get ugly scars from ligamentolysis, but my scars are on the left and right side of the penis. It is where the incisions were made. The scars are super tiny now, and barely visible, but I still get some redness when wearing underwear. However, the scars on the buttocks where the dermal fat graft was taken is very noticeable.

With MegaDerm you will not have this scar. As for the penile degloving, that scar is not visible. Again, there seem to be different techniques to insert the dermal graft, but like I said it might just be "wordplay". Some surgeons describe it as being similar to circumcision, which sounds a lot less invasive than degloving the penis, but I believe degloving is actually what they are doing. I even read some surgeons claiming to "inject" the dermal graft.

You can search Google for one of the many published studies of dermal graft procedures, where there are a lot of pictures right after the surgery, and you will see that it is definitely not a minor procedure. Add to that the ligamentolysis and filler injection, in addition to the glans penis enlargement, selective dorsal neurotomy, and the PRF (Platelet-Rich fibrin). At the same time, it might sound more invasive than it actually is, but you should definitely not rule out that you might need a long recovery period.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ioannis519

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709689

I appreciate all the advice! I’m aware of what a huge procedure this is and I’m extremely nervous. They said 4-6 weeks to heal. They suggested that I stay in Korea for as long as possible to come into the office each day to let them handle the after care. Originally I was leaving the week of the procedure but now I’m going to stay 2 weeks to let them handle the aftercare and use a hyperbaric chamber each day because I’ve read that helps speed up recovery. I asked them at the office about using any devices and they said that they didn’t recommend that. After 4 weeks massage then start having sex as often as I can after 4 or 6 weeks I’ll have to double check those timeframes. I have no problem with pre ejaculate if anything the opposite I tend to go too long so I asked them not to do the dorsal neurectomy. I’m already circumcised so I don’t need to do that. I’ll get the ligamentolysis, DermaGraft (degloved), instead of DermaFill they want to use my fat from the pubic fat pad removal they said it’s best to use but if I need any extra girth they can add DermaFill to it, do the glans enlargement, and the PRF.

I read the websites from the other places around and they appear to be pretty similar to one another. Proud Urology looks to be very professional and from everything that I have read that when doing this procedure there’s risk. Their confidence in this will go smoothly and as long as the aftercare is properly followed I’ll be happy was reassuring (still very nervous!) so I’ll go to their office everyday for 2 weeks to let them tend to the aftercare. They made it seem like the first 2 weeks are the most important with improvements showing around 4 weeks but to use caution for 6 weeks.

So hopefully with them doing the first 2 weeks of aftercare and using the hyperbaric chamber I’ll be good to go home at 2 weeks.

@screen2584 are you glad that you did it?

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709691

Pepperoni wrote: I appreciate all the advice! I’m aware of what a huge procedure this is and I’m extremely nervous. They said 4-6 weeks to heal. They suggested that I stay in Korea for as long as possible to come into the office each day to let them handle the after care. Originally I was leaving the week of the procedure but now I’m going to stay 2 weeks to let them handle the aftercare and use a hyperbaric chamber each day because I’ve read that helps speed up recovery. I asked them at the office about using any devices and they said that they didn’t recommend that. After 4 weeks massage then start having sex as often as I can after 4 or 6 weeks I’ll have to double check those timeframes. I have no problem with pre ejaculate if anything the opposite I tend to go too long so I asked them not to do the dorsal neurectomy. I’m already circumcised so I don’t need to do that. I’ll get the ligamentolysis, DermaGraft (degloved), instead of DermaFill they want to use my fat from the pubic fat pad removal they said it’s best to use but if I need any extra girth they can add DermaFill to it, do the glans enlargement, and the PRF.

I read the websites from the other places around and they appear to be pretty similar to one another. Proud Urology looks to be very professional and from everything that I have read that when doing this procedure there’s risk. Their confidence in this will go smoothly and as long as the aftercare is properly followed I’ll be happy was reassuring (still very nervous!) so I’ll go to their office everyday for 2 weeks to let them tend to the aftercare. They made it seem like the first 2 weeks are the most important with improvements showing around 4 weeks but to use caution for 6 weeks.

So hopefully with them doing the first 2 weeks of aftercare and using the hyperbaric chamber I’ll be good to go home at 2 weeks.

@screen2584 are you glad that you did it?

As far as I know, the 2-week period post-surgery is the most important, because this is when infection would manifest, so it is a very good idea for you to stay in Korea for at least 2 weeks after the surgery. 4 weeks to recover sounds very short, and I am surprised they would recommend it, as most clinics write that having sex before 8 weeks can cause complications. I guess maybe they set it intentionally low, knowing it is hard for most guys to wait.

It is very good that they will be providing daily aftercare while you are in Korea. I had it too when I was in Thailand, and I think it is very important. Maybe with filler you can fly in and out soon after, but it is definitely not recommended for this kind of surgery. At the same time, it will take longer for the swelling to go down, and if they inject fat then the final result should take even longer to show.

I am very surprised that they do not recommend using a penile traction device. No clinic I ever read about did not recommend using it, but some said it is not mandatory, however it would not be possible to achieve the maximum gains then. In the past however, it was mandatory, because the surgical techniques used could make the penis retract. Now this is prevented, so even if you do not use a penile traction device, there would not be retraction.

Even so, I am very curious why they are the only ones who do not recommend the use of a penile traction device after ligamentolysis? I wonder if it might be because in their experience no guys stick to the routine and all the effort required? And they still had the initial length gain, with no retraction, so the clinic might say it is not necessary to use a penile traction device, instead of telling patients to use it but no one ends up using it.

Did they confirm that the dermal graft is inserted through degloving? It is interesting that they recommended fat transfer in your case, instead of Megafill, however I did read one study where it said that dermal graft with fat transfer had very good result. As for selective dorsal neurotomy: there are different degrees of the procedure, and even for someone who does not have premature ejaculation, it would increase ejaculation time, but if someone has premature ejaculation then more nerves are cut. In your case however, because you feel it takes you too long to ejaculate, I think it was the right choice to opt out of the procedure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepperoni

Last edit: by Screen2584.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709707

I've been asked about Clinics in Asia, namely South Korea because I've been told there have been some advancements made there in the field of male Phalloplasty. However, due to the significant language barrier (example: English to Spanish is a whole different world from English to Chinese), I haven't been able to ascertain much other then some sparse commentary here and there on the old forums.

I did send a message to the Proud Clinic earlier this week after having seen this thread, and after having reminded me of the Clinic. They are the only ones that seem to pop-up from time to time on my radar, and they had a professional English-website -- I figured it couldn't hurt.

Either way, I look forward to your progress reporting and hope you get the results you're looking for!

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709721

Skeptical_One wrote: I've been asked about Clinics in Asia, namely South Korea because I've been told there have been some advancements made there in the field of male Phalloplasty. However, due to the significant language barrier (example: English to Spanish is a whole different world from English to Chinese), I haven't been able to ascertain much other then some sparse commentary here and there on the old forums.

I did send a message to the Proud Clinic earlier this week after having seen this thread, and after having reminded me of the Clinic. They are the only ones that seem to pop-up from time to time on my radar, and they had a professional English-website -- I figured it couldn't hurt.

Either way, I look forward to your progress reporting and hope you get the results you're looking for!

Did you hear before about hyperbaric chambers being used by clinics? It is not something I heard about before. Also, what do you think might be the reason why the clinic does not recommend a penile traction device after Ligamentolysis?

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709722

Screen2584 wrote: Did you hear before about hyperbaric chambers being used by clinics? It is not something I heard about before. Also, what do you think might be the reason why the clinic does not recommend a penile traction device after Ligamentolysis?

I don't think I've ever heard of a hyperbaric chamber with respect to penis enlargement, seems a bit overkill. Then again, they may know of advancements that the West has yet to figure out, because modern Phalloplasty doesn't get any University-sized Research & Development, and most progress are made through independent Clinics around the world.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709723

@screen2584 I’m going to ask again about the traction device because I want the most gains possible. Thank you for sharing everything that you have. Today’s the first day I feel 100% committed to going through with this. Up until today there’s been a huge amount of doubt in the back of my head. I’m here, I’m going to show up on the 7th, let them knock me out, and just do it. I’m not sure if I missed it in the threads but are you glad that you went through with it?

@Skeptical_One
I’m currently in Korea having my sinuses worked on. At this clinic they have me go into the hyperbaric chamber for 1 hr a day because it’s supposed to accelerate healing.

The Mayo Clinic says ; extra oxygen helps fight bacteria. It also triggers the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
Proud Urology didn’t suggest the hyperbaric chamber I’m just doing anything that I can possibly do to make sure that this takes to heal quickly and properly. They told me to continue to diet, eat healthy, and exercise so it’s salad, baked chicken, and fruit everyday with a couple hours in the gym. Anything that I can do to prepare I want to because I’m scared.

Please let know if Proud reaches back out to you and how that goes. I’ll for sure keep you updated on the process. I’m thankful that I found this board and appreciate all the sharing and feedback.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709724

Pepperoni wrote: @screen2584 I’m going to ask again about the traction device because I want the most gains possible. Thank you for sharing everything that you have. Today’s the first day I feel 100% committed to going through with this. Up until today there’s been a huge amount of doubt in the back of my head. I’m here, I’m going to show up on the 7th, let them knock me out, and just do it. I’m not sure if I missed it in the threads but are you glad that you went through with it?

@Skeptical_One
I’m currently in Korea having my sinuses worked on. At this clinic they have me go into the hyperbaric chamber for 1 hr a day because it’s supposed to accelerate healing.

The Mayo Clinic says ; extra oxygen helps fight bacteria. It also triggers the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
Proud Urology didn’t suggest the hyperbaric chamber I’m just doing anything that I can possibly do to make sure that this takes to heal quickly and properly. They told me to continue to diet, eat healthy, and exercise so it’s salad, baked chicken, and fruit everyday with a couple hours in the gym. Anything that I can do to prepare I want to because I’m scared.

Please let know if Proud reaches back out to you and how that goes. I’ll for sure keep you updated on the process. I’m thankful that I found this board and appreciate all the sharing and feedback.

Oh I see, so maybe I misunderstood? The chamber are for your sinuses and not to compliment any male enhancement procedure?

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709726

It’s currently for my sinuses but when I researched what all benefits there are from using the hyperbaric chamber one of the top benefits is that it speeds up healing and recovery from surgery. So even though my sinus procedure will be completed before the enlargement surgery I’ll continue with the hyperbaric chamber just to keep the extra oxygen going to the wound to hopefully lessen the chances of infection and speed up healing.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709728

Pepperoni wrote: @screen2584 I’m going to ask again about the traction device because I want the most gains possible. Thank you for sharing everything that you have. Today’s the first day I feel 100% committed to going through with this. Up until today there’s been a huge amount of doubt in the back of my head. I’m here, I’m going to show up on the 7th, let them knock me out, and just do it. I’m not sure if I missed it in the threads but are you glad that you went through with it?

I understand it would feel comforting to hear someone say it was a great decision to do the surgery, but this is a major procedure, and I do not want to encourage anyone.

Any procedure can go wrong, even common ones, such as breast augmentation. Supposedly the complication rate for breast implants is 15%. Each person has to decide if they want to take the risk.

For me, the hardest part was the worry after the procedure. If I had gotten HA first, maybe eventually I would have moved on to getting Ellanse, then perhaps ligamentolysis? But now I had so many things to worry about all at once.

Doing all the procedures at once might seem like a good idea, and maybe for some people it is better, but generally I think both mentally and physically it is better to do less at once.

However, despite everything, complications seem to be extremely rare, and the reward can be huge for many men. So because you decided you needed this surgery, I think you need to go ahead with it. Second-guessing your decision will not help you now.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709731

Pepperoni wrote: It’s currently for my sinuses but when I researched what all benefits there are from using the hyperbaric chamber one of the top benefits is that it speeds up healing and recovery from surgery. So even though my sinus procedure will be completed before the enlargement surgery I’ll continue with the hyperbaric chamber just to keep the extra oxygen going to the wound to hopefully lessen the chances of infection and speed up healing.

If it "can't hurt to try" even if little or nothing much comes from it (much the same way how PRP shots "can't hurt to try"), then I don't see why not, especially if you have the time and money for it. I probably still wouldn't but then again I'm just not comfortable being stuck in a Clinical/Hospital setting longer than I have to :lol:

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709856

@Screen2584
I did as you suggested and met with another clinic for a 2nd opinion. I went to Dr Kim even after reading about the experience I believe his name is reklav had, just for another opinion. I reached out to Trueman medical too but never heard back. I get to the building of Dr Kim and I’m impressed it’s the KBL building (Korean Basketball league) very nice! I get off the 4th floor and there’s a very nice dental practice then I walk into Kim’s and it felt like $29 a night motel along the highway (far from that bad) clutter everywhere. I had an appointment but the guy in the one office had no idea so he had me write my name down, took it to the office next to him, and here Dr Kim pops his head out and invites me in. I asked him to explain to why on his website he says he’ll do surgery but he’s against them and urges everyone to do filler? He said I can get you bigger faster with filler with no pain and surgery hurts, the process is longer, more healing time, more risk of complications, and I can’t get you as big as I would with loading you up with a bunch of filler. Fist filler treatment 10% increase in size and dermal graft will be considerably less.
Proud says the complete opposite. Then he said OK want me to fill it up now? He said he recommended 30ml of MegaFill for my first time and we could be done in less than 1 hr.

The look & feel of the office didn’t give me the vibe that I want my penis worked on in here. He was so nice! He gave me all the time I wanted explaining things and helping me to have a better understanding of it all. I want to just go get a quick injection, be happy, and carry on that sounds ideal but something there didn’t feel right. There was nobody there. You walk into Prouds clinic where it’s booming, always at least 5+ customers walking in & out, very clean, polished, and professional looking environment. There’s a lot of staff and everything seems well ran. As I mentioned before when I went for the consultation I was impressed with the place. I own numerous businesses and you don’t have a place like that with their overhead if you’re some fly by night chop shop. Expensive building, well maintained, professional staff, several Dr’s, and they focus on just a few things with the 5S being the main procedure.

I was hoping that today would go well and I would change my mind to just do the filler but I think the 5S is the way to go.

@Truckerguy I was reading his post about how pleased he was with Bellafill and that too had me rethinking the 5S because I live near Ohio and could easily shoot over there for some filler every once in awhile.

Thanks for all the help! Also I can only read about @Truckerguy and everyone else’s results I’m not able to see photos for some reason CC can’t process my credit cards and I’ve been unable to get a membership. I’m not sure if it has something to do with being in Korea or what but it says error every single time I’ve tried. I was able to read what truckerguy posted then followed by several compliments of the work.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709859

I want to add a coupe quick points and opinions here.
1. Go with your gut on most things. IE: if the look and feel of somewhere makes you uneasy.
2. I do not want anyone working on me that doesnt actually want to do the procedure at hand And that doesnt absolutely believe in themselves, the procedure, their work, and the outcome.

Next, Sadly, their are many docs out there that only want to push fillers because frankly they are more profitable. Sad, but true.

Moving on: In regards to Proud, do they have anyone that they can put you in touch with who has had the procedure done ?

Moving on further: If they dont want to do your lipo, so be it, save your money and get it done later when you are healed up from all this. Get it done from someone that wants to do it and can give your the warm feelings that you will want.

In regards to aftercare and smoking and drinking: It is absolutely proven that smoking can hinder or otherwise slow down healing. And where fat is used it can be detrimental. For after care, if they recommend and are offering you extra services as part of the package deal to help heal faster: I would absolutely fucking take that deal. Hyperbaric, PRP's (which im so so on anyway, but they are included ), constant examination from the doctor. Great offer from the clinic.

In regards to Dr Kim stating he can make you as big ( or however he termed that ) with no surgery and only filler. I call horse shit. It "aint" happening. While the lig surgery is not guaranteed by most docs, its still only thing out there that is going to produce length outside of Hanging and stretching: which I actually recommend doing before and after surgeries and forever.

I probably have more to say, but can not think of it all right now.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709860

Pepperoni wrote: @Screen2584
I did as you suggested and met with another clinic for a 2nd opinion. I went to Dr Kim even after reading about the experience I believe his name is reklav had, just for another opinion. I reached out to Trueman medical too but never heard back. I get to the building of Dr Kim and I’m impressed it’s the KBL building (Korean Basketball league) very nice! I get off the 4th floor and there’s a very nice dental practice then I walk into Kim’s and it felt like $29 a night motel along the highway (far from that bad) clutter everywhere. I had an appointment but the guy in the one office had no idea so he had me write my name down, took it to the office next to him, and here Dr Kim pops his head out and invites me in. I asked him to explain to why on his website he says he’ll do surgery but he’s against them and urges everyone to do filler? He said I can get you bigger faster with filler with no pain and surgery hurts, the process is longer, more healing time, more risk of complications, and I can’t get you as big as I would with loading you up with a bunch of filler. Fist filler treatment 10% increase in size and dermal graft will be considerably less.
Proud says the complete opposite. Then he said OK want me to fill it up now? He said he recommended 30ml of MegaFill for my first time and we could be done in less than 1 hr.

The look & feel of the office didn’t give me the vibe that I want my penis worked on in here. He was so nice! He gave me all the time I wanted explaining things and helping me to have a better understanding of it all. I want to just go get a quick injection, be happy, and carry on that sounds ideal but something there didn’t feel right. There was nobody there. You walk into Prouds clinic where it’s booming, always at least 5+ customers walking in & out, very clean, polished, and professional looking environment. There’s a lot of staff and everything seems well ran. As I mentioned before when I went for the consultation I was impressed with the place. I own numerous businesses and you don’t have a place like that with their overhead if you’re some fly by night chop shop. Expensive building, well maintained, professional staff, several Dr’s, and they focus on just a few things with the 5S being the main procedure.

I was hoping that today would go well and I would change my mind to just do the filler but I think the 5S is the way to go.

@Truckerguy I was reading his post about how pleased he was with Bellafill and that too had me rethinking the 5S because I live near Ohio and could easily shoot over there for some filler every once in awhile.

Thanks for all the help! Also I can only read about @Truckerguy and everyone else’s results I’m not able to see photos for some reason CC can’t process my credit cards and I’ve been unable to get a membership. I’m not sure if it has something to do with being in Korea or what but it says error every single time I’ve tried. I was able to read what truckerguy posted then followed by several compliments of the work.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but did Proud Urology say that dermal fat graft will give more thickness than filler? If so, this is definitely incorrect. I think what they meant is that dermal graft in combination with filler will give more thickness than either procedure alone.

The limitations of dermal graft is that the risk increases by stacking more on top of each other, and increasing thickness that way, so that is why it is not done and dermal graft has limitations in thickness gains.

The way Proud Urology market their procedure is that you get additional thickness than you normally would from dermal graft, by combining it with MegaFill, however as I understand it they suggested you have fat transfer instead of MegaFill?

This should reduce the risk of complications, for example having the filler migrate, and as far as I know MegaFill is also a permanent filler. That is an additional risk. The downside however is that fat injection won't be permanent, so I believe eventually only the thickness gained from the dermal graft will remain.

Based on what I read however, MegaFill does require a lot of aftercare, just like other fillers. I would not want that additional burden while recovering from the dermal graft procedure. Even so, I wonder why they did not want you to have MegaFill?

And that is not to say that fat transfer is without risks, mainly a less-than-satisfactory aesthetic result, because fat can be rather unpredictable. The biggest disadvantage however is that it gets absorbed.

PROUD UROLOGY 5s SURGERY KOREA 1 year 4 months ago #1308709861

@Screen2584 I must have typed that incorrectly dermal graft with the fat injection or the MegaFill that will get it larger than just filler alone.

At first it was the dermal graft with MegaFill but when I told them to remove the pubic fat pad they said they will use that instead for less chance of rejection and I can always add filler on top of it. They said there should be at least 20ml + of the fat slurry they can inject after removing the pubic fat pad. They just said it’s my own body and they wouldn’t have to charge me extra for the MegaFill. Nowhere have I ever given them the impression that I’m looking to cut cost or anything. I’ll pay whatever to get great results and great care when it comes to this! They just seem to care about getting people the best bang for their buck so that you’re happy with the final results.
That’s the impression I’m getting because they could really be racking this bill up with me but they’re not and I think that says a lot for them.
Just like with the liposuction Hwang prides himself on being one of the best in Korea for lipo but said due to my visceral fat I most likely wouldn’t be happy with the results that I should continue to diet and exercise. He said he could give me a tighter chest but I’m just going to focus on the penis for now and that immediate area which will improve the appearance. I’m sure that I’m going to be hurting down there enough I don’t want my chest aching too.

You mentioned before that they make it seem like they don’t deglove which I had that impression for some reason too until watching the video, lol. I was on their website where they have sketches on how they do it. The sketches show a small incision where they slide the dermal graft up into the shaft nothing like what was on the video.

Dr Kim showed me a video where they did the slice at the top and bottom of the shaft then slid thin metal plates down through separating the shaft from the skin. The more I see it all the less sickened I am by it. I’m down to less than a week and need to get my mind made. 5S looks like what I’m going with but there’s still that part of that just wants a quick injection and quick recovery.

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream